Your #1 Blog for new treatments,diets and cures

Your #1 Blog for new treatments,diets and cures

GREAT GIFT DISCOUNTS

Sunday 9 August 2009

Insomnia









Which drugs are used for Insomnia ?

Mainly two classes...

Benzodiazepines hypnotics & Non-Benzodiazepine hypnotics

1. Benzodiazepines hypnotics
Nitrazepam , Flurazepam, Loprazolam, Lormetazepam, Temazepam....
2. Non-Benzodiazepine hypnotics
Zaleplon, Zolpidem Tartrate, Zopiclone...


Also, Could be Chloral and derivatives....
which it seems like their role as hypnotics is now very limited.

Antihistamine is used as well...




I want you guys to comment those following drugs....
Any experience... or any personal opinion...












1 comment:

Masterpiece Ad said...

Personally, while I was doing my placement, I noticed that there were loads of Rxs saying temazepam or zopiclone...so I saw these drups a lot...
using temazepam should be careful. it should only be used in short term, as the patients could be addicted to it.